Honestly, most of us forget a birthday. That is why I’ve been trying to figure out how to make a DIY birthday calendar for months, but I’ll get to that in a minute. The truth is that I love my family. I love my friends. But, I have a hard time remembering their birthday, let alone send a card (terrible…I know). I found out that the local bookstore has cards starting at .47 cents each. It inspired us to make an easy DIY birthday calendar project that is really going to help us to remember birthdays and send out cards!
So, I wanted to make a birthday calendar for a while now, but I did not want to spend much money to make one.
I decided to make my own quick and easy version of the birthday calendars that I’ve been seeing on Pinterest. You’ll have this DIY birthday calendar done in minutes!
Materials for DIY Birthday Calendar
- $1 unfinished frame + free printable to fit inside
- Paint – we used chalkboard paint because we had some extra
- Extra-wide ribbon scrap
- Free Printables to write name, date, and address of friend’s and family’s birthdays (there are 12 separate colors to color code 12 months): turquoise, peach, orange, light yellow, light purple, light turquoise, light orange, light pink, darkest blue, bright yellow, bright blue, dark blue
- Hallmark cards
Before I started I need to purchase birthday cards for the year.
Why? Because I wanted to have birthday cards on hand so that we can send them out on time to family and friends!
Let's start our DIY Birthday Calendar!
How to Make a DIY Birthday Calendar
- Paint your frame (we used chalkboard paint because we had extra leftover).
- Tape or staple a wide strip of ribbon to the back of the frame.
- Print out your birthday reminder poster and birthday circles (each month has its own color).
- Write the names and dates of all your friends and family on the birthday circles. These are the circles that you clip to the ribbon each month.
- Store the circles in an envelope and put the envelope behind the birthday reminder poster.
- And, you’re done!
We write the address of each person on the back so that we can write our cards and send them out on time!
It’s a great way for little ones to learn about addresses while keeping us organized, too. How do you keep everything organized??