7 Tips on How To Choose A Sectional Sofa
You’ll find a variety of styles and colors, but a few things are consistent when considering a sectional sofa to purchase.
1) Measure your space and know what dimensions you’re working with. This may sound like a no-brainer, but it’s critical. Measure the doors that you’ll need to bring the furniture through to make sure it will fit.
2) Consider fabric choice when looking at any furniture choice. Most of us spied a beautiful creamy sectional but quickly remembered the struggle to keep the white sectional clean. So let's immediately crossed that one off the list.
3) Know the difference between right-facing and left-facing sectionals. One side is longer than the other and it makes a difference which direction the sectional is facing. And if one side has a chaise lounge included, you need to make sure that the wall is long enough to accommodate it.
4) Consider the depth and height of the seat. We sometimes like to sleep on the sectional sofa in our family room – especially during the summer. That means the seat needs to be wide enough for snoozing. Plus we like seating that you kind of sink into, right?
5) Choose a couple of colors you can live with. There’s nothing worse than falling in love with a piece of furniture only to find it’s not available in your favorite color. I like to have a couple of colors in mind so this never happens.
6) Decide the shape of the sectional you desire. You’ll find sectional sofas with ottomans, chaises, recliners, curved sectionals, or ones that have an angled end also knows as a theater sectional. Most likely, your space constraints will determine the shape and style of your furniture.
7) Finally, keep in mind the size and shape of your coffee table. You’re most likely going to snuggle your coffee table within the parameter of your sectional, so make sure you choose furniture that accommodates this.
Have you purchased furniture recently and what tips did you find helpful?